Welcome to my digital garden.
⭐ What this is: A repository of highlights from the books, articles, and videos I come across. At times, raw or at best mildly processed thoughts.
🚫 What this is NOT: A blog. Super processed thoughts. A repository of things to download.
⏳ Things I'm still working on:
- Tagging and connecting all the things (sample connected page: On the planet...)
- Clean up (Kindle exports look a little wretched)
- Mildly processed thoughts (Thoughtsicles)
- Getting this site to look the way I want
- Author pages
💻 If you want your own, this is the setup I use:
- Reader by Readwise - To grab all the things and do the highlighting. A year ago this wasn't really a thing and I was patching up my own solution. This is my jam.
- Obsidian - To export my highlights into. It's not open source but it uses local markdown files and has a huge plugin community.
- Digital Garden plugin (whoever launched this, I heart you) - this turns your Obsidian files into a site way more easily than whipping up your own. Trust me I KNOW.
👉 How to use:
- There's a search bar at the top and in the menu on the left
- The menu is basically a table of contents
- Tags are clickable and can be found per document. (One day they might be attached to individual highlights thanks to Readwise.)
- At the bottom (or to the right on larger screens) you will find a network graph to see notes that are connected or are mentioned. (Also a work in progress. Knowledge takes time yo. )
🏷️ On the tags:
I chose to start small...no I lie. I had a complex system of tags at first because that's what I do. Then I actually had to maintain it so I scrapped them all in favor of:
#Me > #Humans (Society) > #Planet > #Tech
New ones will get introduced as needed.